Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Treasure, Toddlers, & Tents

a

Nothing like a little boy and his treasure.  Brayden LOVES going in to his big sister’s bedroom and looking through all her stuff.  Nealy has this really old vintage wooden jewelry box that resembles a chest…er, pirate chest. She keeps random “nooks and crannies” in there.  Brayden wants to play with it all the time.  The problem with this, is that it contains so many little things that we don’t want them getting lost, and some of the items in there, are old broaches which are obviously dangerous.  So, anytime Brayden rummages through Nealy’s “pirate chest” he must be supervised.  Recently, he became so upset that he couldn’t bring it down stairs with him, we seriously thought he was going to make himself sick!  So…what a better way to solve this from happening again?  Create his very own treasure chest.  I REALLY had to improvise.  It was a week night and I wasn’t anywhere close to being in the mood to drive all the way to Hobby Lobby.  Nealy and I found a little wooden knick-nack box at Target.  I was desperate so yeah, I spent like 20 something dollars on it. “AAARRRRR”….as a pirate would say!  We added very inexpensive items along with things we found deep down in his toybox that he hasn’t played with in a while.  (note:  I don’t believe in buying things to bring children happiness…this was a rare…possibly, the only occasion I …WE decided to do this). 

b

As you can see, it isn’t anything grand…but, it sure was to my little guy!

c

Our Valentine’s Playdate!  We were able to pass out our little crayon hearts for B’s friends. 

d

Right before this picture was taken I said, “come here B, act like you love me….”  And sure enough…success!  I know he really loves me…mommy’s valentine.

e

e1

All ready to camp!  Okay, so not really but, we did have a fun time last night making tents and playing “neighbors.”  I was Brayden’s neighbor first (living in the tent & B’s house was the cardboard box next to my tent).  Once I moved out and started snapping photos, Nealy moved in to my tent.  It was fun playing make-believe and spending the evening hanging at home!

a

b

c

d

              e e1

f

1 comment:

Ladyornot.com said...

20 dollars is worth your sanity I say. :) Good job mom.

My kids have a box that came in the mail. The box has been in it's own little corner for months. They have used it for so many things. I tried to throw it out and met upset children.
The funny thing is that they have a really nice pop up house but, no they need a box.