Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall Decor Fun!

1

I made some really easy, super-cute fall decorations for my mantel. I credit the idea to The Idea Room! (check them out…many creative ideas). As soon as I saw this one, I immediately knew I wanted to make it.

Here are the materials you need:wheat, Pampas grass (that looks kind of like wheat)… (only if you want…I added some to the middle), ribbon, vase, and rice.

wheat

1a

ribbon

2

vase

4

rice

3

The finished product!

I made two for each side of the mantel.

5

Helpful Tips:

  • go to the dollar store for super inexpensive ribbon & rice.
  • you’ll need one bag of rice (40oz) per vase
  • my vase measures right at about 12 inches
  • have someone hold the wheat in right in the center of your vase while you pour the rice evenly around
  • make sure your wheat bundles are flush to the bottom of the vase before pouring in rice
  • fill your vase at least 3/4 of the way up with rice

Have some fall fun of your own!

posts coming soon: 27th Month Old, Big Boy & The Little Houses

No comments: