Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peppermint Stick Cocoa

 

2011-12-11 001 004

This is a little treat I have had so much fun making this season(I actually made all the cocoa treats this weekend:).  Anyway,  I got the idea from Pinterest and added my own little flare.  I gave them to some of my favorite peeps.

The jars are quart size and smooth.  I added a personalized sticker, fabric for the lid and a ribbon.  Voila!

Peppermint Stick Cocoa Recipe

1 cup of sugar

1/4 teaspoon of salt

1 cup of unsweetened powdered cocoa

1 cup of powdered milk

1/2 a cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup of chunky/crushed peppermint

1/2 cup of mini marsh mellows OR peppermint marsh mellows OR both

* stack ingredients in this order and pack with marsh mellows

* makes 12 servings (put all ingredients in a gallon size bag and mix all very well)

*mix in 1/3 of cocoa mix in 1 cup of boiling hot water

MMM Christmas Goodness!

2011-12-11 001 002 2011-12-11 001 003

2011-12-11 001 001

Peppermint Stick Cocoa Reindeer

* half the recipe above and this sweet reindeer makes 6 servings

What you need: cone shaped cellophane baggies, rubber bands, googly  eyes, red mini pom poms, ribbon, brown pipe cleaners, hot glue gun

2011-12-12 001 001

I made these in lieu of treat bags for Brayden’s Christmas Party at school this Friday.  I figured what kid doesn’t love hot cocoa.  Also there aren’t any allergies in the class so it is perfect.  What I did change about this recipe is the candy cane is attached and not crushed in the recipe.  This gives them an option as I know some little ones are picky with their cocoa, or any food item for that matter.  I also made some without the peppermint mini marsh mellows for those who prefer a traditional taste.  Okay, so some tips to remember:  Use the marsh mellows to pack ingredients * use a rubber band under the ribbon to secure closure well *

Ridiculously CUTE and YUMMY Reindeer

2011-12-12 001 003

HaVe a MeRRy ChRistMas TiMe!

No comments: