Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Hearts and Happy Tummies

1

2

Made something so peppermint-sweet for my two little valentine’s! Seriously, we LOVE peppermint and chocolate together. It’s a m-m-m combo! Originally, it was going to be a Mother and Daughter baking project (simple project, you know, the kind I like). So, as many mommies know, things don’t always work out as planned. My sweet girl has a 100 degree temperature and has broken out in a rash. Poor baby! She’s on her way home from her dad’s and I made these for her…and my big boy to have a little ‘tummy happy’ treat before bed. I’m also going to leave some out for my main squeeze (he’s on his way home from practice). So without further ado, here it is…Oh yeah, and I hope everyone had a LOVELY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!

What you need: brownie mix (and ingredients), candy canes, and red and/or pink M&M’s… THAT’s IT!

peppermintA

crush the candy cane into little pieces like this. I used the end of a knife (the handle end) and just tapped. They broke nice and easy. It takes about 3 candy canes for a box of brownies.

peppermintB peppermintC

fold the pieces into the mix

peppermintE

I used the mini-hearts Wilton baking pan again. I counted out that many M&M’s. Push them in the center of each heart-brownie as soon as they come out of the oven. I baked the rest of the batter in a small baking pan.

peppermintD

peppermintF

cute and definitely satisfies a sweet tooth!

peppermintG

No comments: