Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Eggstra, Eggstra...

I have committed my myself. To what? To my family and myself! I know what you may be thinking (that I have jumped on a wagon and will soon jump off) but, I am determined to lead a healthy lifestyle, pass on good habits to my children, and force them on my husband:) Seriously. The England Household will start to move in a more natural direction. We are going to start eating more organic and natural foods. We will also be using more natural health products and toiletries. I totally know I have to start off slow (just like with anything else that is a major change). I want to provide and promote the best foods and health in general for my family. Not only do I care about my family I care about our world. I support agricultural practices that are less harmful to the earth. How? Soil will be healthy as will food and water. Again, I want to make the change. I have a couple of mommies to thank for providing me with information and an insight on making this positive change. Thank you Rebbecca and Ann! You Rock!

Next on my list is to go and buy "The Omnivores Dilemma" and "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan. I understand he doesn't preach rather states the facts. I can't wait to learn more.

The best advice given to me was (again) start slow and small and make the change at home! I understand it would be very hard to change our eating and health habits 100% but, hey, a little difference can make a big difference. I definitely don't want to hinder the kids by not being able to eat what most people do eat when out and about. Nor do I want to stress about what I can and can't eat when I am out either thus, changing home habits suffice.

This is very exciting for me and I look forward to sharing more simple changes with you. So far so GREAT! Now, these eggs aren't just healthy and organic....they're pretty and cute. That makes me smile too! My kids LOVED them. Nealy thought they were so cool looking...Brayden well...he just loved eating them. They have a more buttery taste and again....too cute. Call me silly!

So delish...and ORGANIC

Nealy rockin' her "A" pockets...
but, she had just finished her yummy
breakfast. She didn't know I took this pic.
Oops!...she's a cutie right?

So did this little guy. He is such a ham
full of scrambled eggs and posing for Mommee!

1 comment:

Ladyornot.com said...

Positive changes are always wonderful. I am happy to help you. :) Didn't you feel good having your kids start the day with just a wonderful start? You are not putting junk in their bodies so their brains are going to function wonderfully.