Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vegas here we come!

Yesterday was our 2nd year anniversary!!! We spent the day as a family, had a partially homemade dinner and snuggled up for a good movie at the end of the day. Oh yeah, and my little gift from Scott....my favorite...a six pack of Mojitos! Ha!
Wow! It seems like just yesterday we were in Negril, Jamaica exchanging vows in the warm temperature and white sand beneath our flip-flops. The last two years have been very memorable and so much has happened in this short time. The top ten:

1. We were pregnant 3 months after getting married.
2. We house hunted and bought a home away from the hustle and bustle.
4. We learned to bond and live as a family of three.
5. We had an amazing baby boy.
6. We were overwhelmed and learned to swim rather than sink...we adjusted.
7. We re-organized our lives to fit in both kids' schedules (whether it was extra-curricular activities or nursing times and feeding times).
8. We learned to bond all over again and live as a family of four.
9. Scott started graduate school. ...We are proud of you sweetie.
10. We successfully planned birthday parties (for the first time) for the kids (their birthdays are a week apart).
My second #10. We will go to VEGAS!!!! Scott surprised me with a trip to Las Vegas last week for our anniversary. So this is my REAL gift. I can't wait!!! I am so giddy and excited about this trip. My friend Cara (who has been SEVERAL times) told me I am going to LOVE it and have a FABULOUS time. I don't know what's in store for us...I have never been. BUT, I know I am SO happy to have some quality time with my honey!

What have I learned in the last two years? My top ten:
1. Attitude plays an important part in any relationship.
2. Love is a feeling AND and an action.
3. Never take anything for granted and I count my many blessings daily.
4. Prayer is important in my everyday life.
5. Feelings are a choice. No one makes me feel a certain emotion. I allow myself to feel it.
6. Vanity isn't a bad thing as long as it isn't a priority. :-) .
7. There is nothing in the world like seeing my kids succeed and accomplish goals.
8. Doing what's right is not always easy.
9. My favorite times are with my family.
10. And most recently... I CAN'T wait for VEGAS!!!! ;-)

Happy 2nd year anniversary Hon and many many more to come! I am thrilled to be Mrs. England. If you look closely you can see that my tee has Mrs. England written on it in pink Swarovski crystals. It's not the best picture. (BTW: I still wear this tee to school in the fall and winter under my fuchsia velor sweat suit...the kids love it).

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Aww...So cute, Happy Anniversary! Vegas will be GREAT!!

Thanks so much for coming today!! Hope you had fun!