Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Celebrating Mommy's Day!

I truly hope all mommies had a FABULOUS Mother's Day! I know I was made to feel super special and I thanked God for my beautiful family. We started our day by relaxing and taking it easy. We went to lunch at Olive Garden with my mom and sister. Unfortunately, my dad was out of town and my two brothers were at home celebrating their babies and Mother's Day with their sweeties. Scott took me shopping for some goodies. Fun! We came home to relax a bit more. Then we headed to my sister-in-law's house for some more celebrating.

It was so surreal to reflect on the day. To watch my little girl play; her long legs in the sun, hair shining, and a smile on her face from ear to ear just took my breath away. Where did the time go? My now 10 month old baby boy so engaged, smiling his little tooth smile centered on a perfectly round sun kissed face...was bitter sweet. I LOVE being a mother. I love everything from the snuggly moments to the crazy moments. I love that I had 10 months of sleepless nights recently. I love that I must deal with my sassy daughter's attitude. I love that life gets hectic and I sometimes can't think straight I am so ridiculously busy! BUT, I guess what I am trying to convey is that I AM blessed. Being a mother is better than anything I can think of. It is also the hardest job I can think of. My principal told me on more than one occasion, that she has had so many demanding jobs from marriage counselor to her current principal position. She explained the hardest job by far was being a mother. Anyone who tells you its easy...in my opinion...is lying. Sure, its easy to have a child and be somewhat responsible. Its hard being a great mommy...A GOOD mommy! A mommy who leads and models. A mommy who trains and teaches. A mommy who rears and listens. The list goes on and on. I don't say this to imply that I think I am all these things...but, I do try my very best. AND although hard, being a mommy is SO much fun. I personally am having a blast!!!

So...knowing me....I honestly had to rotate these pics as they were taken with my phone and that is why we look a little stubby and maybe wide. I really hope that is the reason....eeks!




I am SO lucky to have been blessed with the most beautiful children. WHICH leads me to tell you about the newest addition to my family Tristan Luke Andrade! He was born May 6th, weighing in at 7 pounds and 15 ounces. He is sweet and the whitest...yep I said it....whitest baby in our family...my side anyway. I will post pictures soon.

No comments: