Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Delivery Time!

We arrived at the hospital at 9:30 on Monday night! It was such a special time. Scott and I chatted and reflected. There we were, anxiously awaiting the next morning. That night I kept getting up to go to the restroom and that was a challenge every time. My back was hurting and I had to lug the bags of saline, and unplug my monitors every time. I had to plug them back in once I came back. I keep saying 'I' but, what I really mean is...'Scott.' I thought my back pain was due to the belts from being monitored. The feeling was not normal but, I didn't think it was a big deal. Reflecting...I must have been in the first stage of the labor process. The next morning came and at approximately 7:30 I had already dilated to almost a 3. A little after 8:00am my doctor arrived to make sure everything was going well and to give the "go ahead" for the IV to start the contractions and hopefully labor. At that time I was a full 3 centimeters dilated. So our nurse, Caroline asked if I wanted the epidural at that time or if I just wanted pain reliever for my back. I explained pain reliever would be fine as I didn't want to slow down my labor. When Caroline left the room Scott recommended I go ahead and get the epidural as I was already dilating quickly. I agreed. Scott went to tell Caroline I had decided on the epidural. I was little nervous because I wasn't experiencing any severe pain and I thought the epidural would really hurt. It didn't. Scott was so proud that I didn't freak out. I hate any kind of shot and always cry. The Pitocin was stopped a few minutes later because Brayden's heart rate went down a little bit and I was given oxygen. Caroline explained that we may be playing the Pitocin/oxygen 'game' all day. Ugh! I was preparing myself for a long day ahead. Scott and Nealy went to get me a popsicle to cheer me up. During that time the nurse checked my progress. I was ready to have Brayden!!! She ran to call my doctor and get Scott and Nealy. Poor Nealy never came back in the room until after Brayden's arrival. She heard Caroline cheer, "We are going to have a baby." She was so cute and looked like Reese Witherspoon. We really liked her. Dr. Reiman arrived around 9:15. I started pushing at 9:24 with popsicle in hand. I had one long push (no time was passing between each contraction) and Baby Brayden was born! Thank you sweetie for suggesting I go ahead and get the epidural! I don't think I would have been able to get it otherwise...everything happened SO fast. As the nurses put Brayden on my chest, Scott and I were all smiles. Scott and I looked at each other and at Brayden and back again. We were in complete shock! Scott used the word SURREAL. That was IT! We didn't even exchange words, just a big kiss and immediately started looking over our baby boy. He looks just like Scott. He is so sweet and tiny. We fell in love right away. Nealy then came bopping into the room later. She was so excited! Other family members weren't even there yet! No one expected him so soon. Even Dr. Reiman thought Brayden would arrive sometime around lunch. What a day to remember. I couldn't have asked for an easier delivery and sweeter baby boy! Scott and Nealy were both wonderful throughout the pregnancy and delivery. Thank you to our family and friends for such warm wishes, kind words, and visits. We couldn't be happier!







Mommy and Daddy love you!













Thank you Dr. Reiman!















He sure doesn't look like me! He has his daddy's good looks!

No comments: