Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Friday, June 22, 2007

Doctor's Appointment and only 3 More Days!!

I had my very last doctor's appointment today. Everything is GREAT! Blood Count = Excellent, Blood Pressure = Excellent, Swelling = none and Weight Gain...OR Loss = Excellent...actually I LOST 2 pounds. So weird. I have been sneaking Scott's chocolate Blue Bell Ice Cream Bars and eating yummy Milano's Pizza (pizza joint here in Lavon). Who would have thought?

Anyway, Brayden has come down a little bit. He is not quite in the pelvis but he IS moving down. Clinically, my doctor thinks he weighs right around 7 pounds. He estimated Nealy's weight to be 6 1/2 pounds and she was 7 pounds 10 ounces. So, I am not putting money on Brayden's weight. We'll just wait and see. The exciting news is, I have dilated 1 centimeter! I am getting anxious and a little nervous. My doctor said, "You'll be fine I have done this a couple of times before." He was just joking of course. He has been delivering for over 30 years. I explained I wasn't worried about him, I was worried about me. ;-0 I love my doctor as he is SO nice. He is also very sympathetic when is comes to pain. I have to admit I don't have a high tolerance for pain....AT ALL. Also, I was informed today that I will be staying in the hospital Monday night. He said it's safer and since I have dilated it is the best option. So exciting!

Baby Brayden was practicing his dance moves during our visit. So like his daddy. ;-) I can't wait to meet our sweet little boy. I have had dreams that I am holding him in my arms stroking his cheek or bathing him in his little tub. I am so curious to see what he looks like. He will probably have olive skin and have a head full of black hair. BUT, you never know. I can see him now. I can smell that sweet distinct baby smell. I look forward to looking into his eyes and kissing his tiny feet.

I think everything is in place. Hospital bag...check, registration at hospital...check, all the crazy disability paperwork...check, sleeping area for baby...check, and baby room...almost check (adding final touches). Tomorrow is Nealy's birthday party, so after that, we finish up 'nesting,' watch Father of the Bride 2 and relax. I will post pictures last minute before our BUNDLE of JOY is here!!!!

No comments: