Welcome to Everything England! My family and friends inspire me to share ideas, recipes, everyday adventures, and even moments with my sweet family of four. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hocus-Pocus Halloween Hands!

Clever little idea for a quick Halloween decoration! I saw a picture (I don’t even know from what magazine), but I looked at for a total of maybe 30 seconds! I didn’t have it to refer to so…. I added my own pizzazz…changed it up a bit and gave it it’s very own title. Here it is!

HalloweenHands1

I have an arch over my sink that overlooks the kitchen nook. I needed something FUN, CHEAP, and CREATIVE!

All you need:

various ribbon, hard candy OR jelly beans, candy corn, rubber bands, clear plastic gloves, and little glass or plastic jars. (I bought glass salt shakers at the dollar store for $1 each)…It’s super easy (just look at the picture), looks pretty cute, and the kids LOVE it! You may want to display your Hocus-Pocus Halloween Hands on a door! I just chose the arch b/c they can be seen from three different areas in my house. I think it would look really cute on a front door or pantry door…It’s all up to you!

Tip: Rubber band the string that hangs to the hands and tie a separate bow around the rubber band. (those hands aren’t super heavy but, they aren’t light either)

HalloweenHands2

Another Tip: Buy your candy at the dollar store!

HalloweenHands3

Have some HALLOWEEN FUN!!!! :)

1 comment:

Ladyornot.com said...

You are so creative. I don't work and still don't find the energy to do crafts. I think you are special!